Monday, December 22, 2008

A tympanic membrane three sizes too small

I really like most aspects of the Christmas season- the lights, the decorations, other people giving me stuff, even the weather.  In fact, there’s really only one thing about the season I don’t like: that infernal music.

Traditional Christmas songs are fine.  What I can’t stand are the hideous modernized version of Christmas music, usually in some half-assed generic rock and roll or jazz style, that is endlessly piped into the sound system of seemingly every place of business within traveling distance of my home.  I go grocery shopping, it’s there.  I go to the mall, it’s there.  I go to the dentist, it’s there.  It never ends.  And my exposure is fairly limited; at least I’m not subjected to it at work.  I can’t imagine what it would be like to work at something like a grocery or department store and have to hear it for hours on end, day after day.

Is it just me?



Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: